ALEX FRASER BRIDGE
During this 4-month project, CanWest completed all the concrete cutting and removal required to add a seventh lane and a new counterflow, moveable barrier system to the Alex Fraser Bridge.
The project included:
- Cutting and removing the centre barrier using a custom wire saw mount fabricated to fit a skid steer.
- Night work during winter months, and coordinated efforts with the general contractor and Delta Police Department concerning traffic control and lane closures.
- 5 kilometers of 2 inch wide slabsawing from end to end of the bridge, 2.4 kilometers of wire sawing, and 2.4 kilometers of barrier removal by crane.
- A slabsaw cut notch required on either side of barrier to supply the belowgrade elevation. Slabsaw vertical cuts were needed through a 20 inch thick barrier, cut into 16 foot lengths.
- Setting up a straddle mounted wire saw on top of the barrier. The barrier was cut horizontally to required below-grade depth. The project had very tight tolerances.
- Removing the barrier with a crane truck, and disposal of concrete.
- Roughening the cut area to prepare the surface for new topping.
INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH US?
We area Professionala Capablean Experienceda Safety OrientedTeam!
Let’s start the conversation regarding your project. Our knowledgeable and experienced project managers are standing by to discuss timelines, costs and details. Click the button below and we will get back to you within 24 hours.